Saturday, April 2, 2011

Washington DC






 Einstein Statue (: best statue of my life.
Ok, I know it's not an attractive picture but it was a best experience ever! We were walking down S street (I think) and it was nice and sunny and hot and then all of a sudden in seriously the span of 2.7 seconds it started down pouring!!!! I loved it. (:
 As soon as we got there we had to get the carts out of the closet and go to Costco and get food.

 We went to the Secret Service Building (:


 The old presidential limo. I guess they use a newer version now or something.
 Smithsonian (:








 These were so sickkkk (:

 Oh my GOSH! ok so those swirly things were made from ants!

 One of my other favorite parts... We went to a butterfly greenhouse and there were so many butterflies! I was in love!
 The Mall.

 Read My Pins exhibit.. Never seen so many pins in my life.

 Another Smithsonian building. My legs look kinda tan (:

 Ok, so let me explain... This was the entrance to go in and see the actual flag they used during the time when the Star Spangled Banner was written... We just couldn't get a picture of the real flag so this was the next best thing.

Another funny story.. So during the week we were there, the Boy Scout Jamboree was happenin and right after that picture ^^ was taken we met some boy scouts and they were from Desert Hills! Best coincidence of my life!
 RJ and Terry.. RJ is prolly the coolest guy I know.

 Lincoln Monument (:
 Washington Monument (:
 Washington Monument
 Inside at the top of the Washington Monument.

 National Cathedral.. Seriously one of the most beautifully architected buildings I've ever seen.
Baseball Game (: best part!
 Inside the capitol building. We got some really attractive headsets (;
 Brigham Young statue in the background (:
 King of Hawaii!
 Inventor of TV (:
 Reenacting his pose.
 Lady Liberty
 Capitol (:
 Patomac River
Roosevelt Island Statue
 Baseball.. yeah buddy!
 Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
 Mary Poppins.


 Arlington (:
 The Mall (:
 FDR!

 I'm unemployed. So I'm standing in the unemployment line. True Story.




 That bug ^^ is a firefly!

 White House
 Marines Monument (:


Over the Summer I went to DC with Kris and we went and visited Terry. We saw all the monuments, war memorials, went in the Capitol building and went to Arlington. We met up with Spencer Burke who I haven't seen in FOREVER and he took us to an Orioles vs. White Sox game at Camden Yards. The baseball game and Arlington were by FAR my favorite! Being in DC really made me realize how many people sacrifice their own freedom for the freedom of others. Whenever I saw a man or woman in uniform I just wanted to go up to them and give them a hug and tell them thank you for all the service they do. We went to the Smithsonian Museums which I loved! The Museum of Natural History was my favorite but they all were amazing! Even the plane ride home was good. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment